Southampton Homestead have quickly established themselves as a leading pastured poultry enterprise in the south west of Western Australia. Southampton’s Michelle McManus and Jeff Pow have developed the ‘Southampton Poultry Processing Model‘ (SPPM) and have on offer 7 RON modules to share their professional experience around this model.
1. Navigating Bureaucracy — the Necessary stuff (RON Recorded) – Understand the local, state and national policies, compliance standards and political context
2. Preparing Written Documents – the Boring stuff (9.9.2015) – Pulling your ideas, plans and commitments into something that works and gets approved
3. Building a Facility – the Fun stuff (16.9.2015) – designing and specifying a
facility to suit your context and operation, now and into the future
4. Processing & Packaging – the Gritty stuff (23.9.2015) – making it all happen
from start to finish to produce a quality, saleable product.
5. Closing the Loop – the Cool stuff (30.9.2015) – keeping waste products on farm and making the most of them.
6. Building the Team – the Right stuff (7.10.2015) – considering different labour
options and training requirements
7. Tracking & Documenting – the Scary stuff (14.10.2015) – capturing and using the
data coming out of your operation, across the whole supply chain.