7. Tracking & Documenting – the Scary stuff
Why do this RON?
Southampton Homestead have quickly established themselves as a leading pastured poultry enterprise in the south west of Western Australia. Southampton’s Michelle McManus and Jeff Pow have developed the ‘Southampton Poultry Processing Model‘ (SPPM) and have on offer 7 RON modules to share their professional experience around this model.
What included in this session?
• 60 minutes plus session with both Michelle and Jeff
• Capturing and using the data coming out of your operation, across the whole supply chain.
• Credit towards the Regrarians Advanced Certificate or RAC
Other Sessions in this Series?
1. Navigating Bureaucracy — the Necessary stuff – Understand the local, state and national policies, compliance standards and political context
2. Preparing Written Documents – the Boring stuff – Pulling your ideas, plans and commitments into something that works and gets approved
3. Building a Facility – the Fun stuff – Designing and specifying a facility to suit your context and operation, now and into the future
4. Processing & Packaging – the Gritty stuff – Making it all happen from start to finish to produce a quality, saleable product.
5. Closing the Loop – the Cool stuff – Keeping waste products on farm and making the most of them.
6. Building the Team – the Right stuff – Considering different labour options and training requirements
• The Mobile Processing Slaughterhouse – Ali Berlow (2013) – available here
• Pastured Poultry Profits – Joel Salatin (1996) – available here
There are no reviews yet.