2. Preparing Written Documents – the Boring stuff
Why do this RON?
Southampton Homestead have quickly established themselves as a leading pastured poultry enterprise in the south west of Western Australia. Southampton’s Michelle McManus and Jeff Pow have developed the ‘Southampton Poultry Processing Model‘ (SPPM) and have on offer 7 RON modules to share their professional experience around this model.
When is this session?
• Eastern Australia – 9pm – Wednesday 9th September 2015
• Western Australia – 7pm – Wednesday 9th September 2015
• London UK – noon – Tuesday 8th September 2015
• New York USA – 7am – Tuesday 8th September 2015
• Los Angeles USA – 4am – Tuesday 8th September 2015
What included in this session?
• 60 minutes plus session with both Michelle and Jeff
• Pulling your ideas, plans and commitments into something that works and gets approved
• Credit towards the Regrarians Advanced Certificate or RAC
Other Sessions in this Series?
1. Navigating Bureaucracy — the Necessary stuff – Understand the local, state and national policies, compliance standards and political context
3. Building a Facility – the Fun stuff – designing and specifying a
facility to suit your context and operation, now and into the future
4. Processing & Packaging – the Gritty stuff – making it all happen
from start to finish to produce a quality, saleable product.
5. Closing the Loop – the Cool stuff – keeping waste products on farm and making the most of them.
6. Building the Team – the Right stuff – considering different labour
options and training requirements
7. Tracking & Documenting – the Scary stuff – capturing and using the
data coming out of your operation, across the whole supply chain.
Southampton Food Safety Plan – Michelle McManus & Jeff Pow (2015) – available here
The Mobile Processing Slaughterhouse – Ali Berlow (2013) – available here
Pastured Poultry Profits – Joel Salatin (1996) – available here
• This session will be run using the GoToMeeting software – please ensure that you have downloaded this onto your computer or device – available here
There are no reviews yet.